RCU Forums - View Single Post - Laminate vs Fiberglass... Pro's Cons and which do i choose?
Old 08-14-2017, 08:35 AM
chase.canade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laminate vs Fiberglass... Pro's Cons and which do i choose?

Hi,
I've searched the web and found nothing comparing lamination versus fiberglass as far as pros and cons.

​​​​​​I'm hoping those here can help me get a clear picture of the differences so i can make a more informed decision as which to go with for a couple birds i have. Both expanded foam. Namely

One FMS Easy Trainer 1280
2 RVJets

I have a lot of questions concerning both methods and materials. For instance, how do they compare handling a crash?
How to choose thickness? Or smooth the ripples in the styrofoam for laminating and painting.

Can i paint prior to fiberglass since it's so thin? What's the prep for that process.

And what products of both should i stay away from and as important, which have proven themselves that i should get?

​​​​​​And more questions...

​​​​​ I'd appreciate those that have the experience steering me right on this. Showing me the ropes, steering me away from disaster and just helping me understand the options and how and when to choose between them.

​​​​​​Cheers...

Last edited by chase.canade; 08-14-2017 at 08:38 AM.