RCU Forums - View Single Post - God Speed Love2flyrc
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:09 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So 16 years ago I'm driving this choo choo train of a tow across the greater southeast, a ford expedition, a travel trailer, and an airplane trailer. I'd just got signed off on jets a couple of weeks before and realized that spring air and wire struts don't really cut it in a kangaroo....... I call Todd and ask if I can stop by his house and help me get some robart installed. I pull up in this nearly 60 foot long train, end up spending the night, telling stories and just carrying on in general. The following few days were a rally in Florida, I don't think it exists anymore, but Todd, George, and I were able to fly a lot of fuel, eat a lot of frito pie, and I'll never forget us sitting there and Todd says, "I'm thinking about starting an online hobby business"...........

Over the years, we had a lot of great conversations, always started with business acumen, and always ended with family. Then there was that time in Austin........

A few months back we spoke about him taking on Jetcat, logistics, some of the great negotiating methodologies he was expecting...... Again, sharing photos and stories of kids, life at the new place, always looking to the future.

I'm just crushed for Lisa, Erin, and Luke..... and Todd's extended family Terry and Lou who he loved so much.

George, I'm just gutted for you.......

Seeing Todd on caller id always made me smile... Elda and I were at the totality line in Idaho when we found out. It was a somber drive out of there, it hit us pretty hard as Todd was always Elda's favorite guy I knew, and we are going to miss him a lot.

Sean