RCU Forums - View Single Post - What kinds of planes do you build and why
Old 08-28-2017, 10:36 AM
VincentJ

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I like to scratch build or build vintage kits mostly. It's fun to research the plane and learn its history as well. A lot of satisfaction comes from taking a pile of wood and turning it into a work of art that can fly! I too came from an era of if you wanted to fly you had to build it because there were no such things as ARF's. Now mind you I have nothing against ARF's as it brings many to this great hobby of ours. It's also great for learning how to fly as there usually isn't the attachment that one gets when they spend every night "borning" a model out of balsa. I recently "re-kitted" (read crash) one of my planes that was on my build table for more than a year, it hurt! With an ARF, you don't have that attachment.

I also get enjoyment following others build. I find that there is so much to learn from others if given the opportunity. I'm currently finishing a Sig Morrissey Bravo that has been on my table now for over two years. I have other kits (probably not as many as Tom ), all vintage, stashed and patiently waiting their turn or should I say their return!

Last edited by VincentJ; 08-28-2017 at 01:01 PM.