RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maj. Woody's Ultra Flash
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 10:46 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
Here is the box.
You can see that the wing is just inside the box top and only protected by the wing bags. I don't know if something dropped on the box....if it did it may have dented / damaged the wing. If I am lucky enough that that did not happen, then judging from the rest of the box, the rest of the jet may be OK. It will be a long wait till 5:30 to find out!!
That really sucks Dom! I would have to say though that that is really CRAPPY packaging! All of that stuff that comes over air freight is dimensionally weighed, so adding another layer of cardboard, or better yet, ply, wouldn't cost more to ship - only the cost for the packaging itself. When I ordered a replacement wing for my old Flash from CARF, it came in a ridiculously small, fragile box, and of course it was damaged. In that case, since I was painting it anyway, I took it and fixed it myself (damage was only to the wingtip tanks)

CARF should do MUCH better than that for packaging - others do, and one would think that its money well spent as they have to be loosing money on that deal - even with some payment from DHL...

Bob