RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maj. Woody's Ultra Flash
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 07:03 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
Mine had shipping insurance as standard. The DHL shipping from CARF was only $390 compared to my two recent quotes of $725 from FeiBao and $650 from Skymaster. CARF started building my new flash the next day they heard about the incident. It will be shipped as soon as its done and I don't have to wait for them to settle with DHL. I personally think that is pretty darn good service considering they did not trash my new jet. They Key I'm told is to refuse the package. If you sign for it you own it and the insurance is void. It was painful turning my back on my new jet that I waited so long for but I know now I did the right thing. Had I signed, I would be the one dealing with DHL for compensation. The way I did it, I will have my new jet and CARF is dealing with DHL. I am glad Linda held my hand through this and advised me wisely!
I think the difference in price is due mostly to the fact that they use different shipping companies than DHL. I my experience too though, the SM packaging at least is orders of magnitude better than CARF. Actually, *ANY* jet packaging coming from Asia is better than CARF.

One of the jet guys here in Richmond just got a Skygate Hawk (now CARF) and it too was damaged in shipping.

Personally, in this case, I'd rather paid the $600-$700 shipping and had the jet come undamaged than the $390 and have to wait for it twice.

I hope the 2nd one comes undamaaged, but I'll bet *a lot* $'s that it comes in *exactly* the same type of box.

Bob

+1 on Dreamworks