RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oxai Galactika unboxing, assembly, setup, maiden etc.
Old 09-04-2017, 05:37 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi David,
Thanks. I did not repair the right wing. I tested with the wing tube in the right wing and bent up/down and decided the force I used to bend was high enough for the wing to hold a few more flights, for the competitionflights. I made 6 flights early last week after I discovered the crack and I also made 6 flights the day before the competition and checked the crack in the wing carefully after each flight and it was not worst. It is still not worst after the competition. I will repair now since the competition season here in my country is finished for this season. I got PM from another user that it is problem with wing structure strength on other Oxai plane (not just on Galactika). Actually in this case it is good that Galactika wing is painted and clear coated (and fragile surface) so the crack could be visible, with a plastic film covered wing it would probably be almost impossible to discover this I can imagine.

/Bo

Last edited by bem; 09-04-2017 at 05:43 AM.