RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS engines users Club
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Everyone knows I'm not a fan of OS engines.. If I was a total hater, I'd just run it on some RC car fuel dead lean and let her melt down. But I'm not doing that. I'm doing some experiments to not only see what gains can be had, but also to test durability in the most unconventional manner possible. My hypothesis is the liner will peel at some point, but we will put that to the test. My test fuel has no synthetic oil in it (it seems to be castor oil tends to prolong the inevitable) and the nitro content is comparable to what many folks use in these engines. So if it survives my modifications, then we will test some more exotic fuels and tuning aids.

The fanboys will have a field day, but it's all in good fun. I can use a good laugh once in awhile. Besides... How often do you see an LA engine on a tuned pipe? I'm gonna try it.

Stop buying them......give the ones that you have to a kid or a newcomer. Just because "The Planet" uses OS Engines and has powered their models OR LEARNED TO FLY AN RC AIRPLANE using an OS engine doesn't mean they should be subjected to torture.....

poor little LA-25......

A much more satisfying test would be a video of you tapping the letters OS with a ball peen hammer on your forehead and measuring the the actual lump rise after each repetition.....(Smiles) Now THAT would be fun to watch.....

Last edited by Broken Wings; 09-05-2017 at 08:34 AM.