RCU Forums - View Single Post - ACE/AAF Battle Weekend Danville VA September 15-17 2017
Old 09-05-2017, 08:39 PM
1qaz

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

My wife & I will be there! During the last tank event your group held there at the museum we purchased a Tamiya Sherman and the IR stuff for it. Well after a month of building we have it up and running, all the airbrush work is as done as I'm going to get it. It has been 20 years since I have built a plastic model but it all came back after a short time.
I have a Spektrum DX8 that I kept after upgrading my airplane stuff so that is the radio that we put in the Sherman, We are going to need some "expert" help getting the IR stuff to work. I can't figure out how to get the machine gun or the main gun to fire and I have no idea how to hook up the IR stuff. I am an airplane guy from way back and this high tech electronic stuff has me beat! We have it "trimmed" so that it drives straight, and the turret works along with the gun elevation. I drilled a .020 hole for a hinge pin which allows the main hatch to be open or closed, that way it covers up the "ugly" place where the IR apple plugs into ( this was Brenda's idea )
We plan on getting to Danville around noon on Friday and with some help maybe by Saturday we can get beat-up on the battlefield

Larry & Brenda

Is there a favorite hotel where all the R/C tankers stay?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0730172156a.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	2230757   Click image for larger version

Name:	0730172158.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	2230758  

Last edited by 1qaz; 09-05-2017 at 08:50 PM.