RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oxai Galactika unboxing, assembly, setup, maiden etc.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:36 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mavros,
I have heard from another F3A pilot with Galactik fuselage (not Galactika) that it was problem with the lock of the canopy. On Galactika, that I have, it has not been any problem with the canopy lock so I assume they made a modification. I also got cracks in fuselage behind landing gear area and crack also extended upwards on fuselage side. I reparied that myself. It is rather easy to understand why this can happen since the crack starts in my case at the corner of the air vents exit. It is good Oxai stand behind their products and give good support to their end users.
I think Oxai/Hui Yang Professional F3A, at least for Galactika, should try to get it rather much lighter and perhaps they should bring down the price level some so it is not so huge gap to most other brands price levels. And perhaps they should offer option for plastic covered wing and stab to get the plane lighter and also that way bring down the cost. For me I would choose a plastic covered wing+stab because where I fly the fragile paint on my Galactika gets dents and marks (but my previous plane Sebart MythoS Pro with plastic film wing+stab had no problem with dents since the plastic film has a flexible surface and give no cracks).

/Bo.

Last edited by bem; 09-05-2017 at 09:39 PM.