RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-38 Lightning Brotherhood
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 01:40 AM
cz-7a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on the rebuild and maiden!! To answer your questions The wingspan is 126" and is the CBA P-38 original molds from Bob Antonell Sr. When I was living in Ohio and in my younger years I met Bob Sr at an IMAA event when I was with Miles Reed flying the local events. I fell in love with his P-38 which at that time he developed molds to expedite building the larger version of his P-38 model. I always kept in the back of my mind that I always wanted one of his models but of course wasn't able to at the time. I have since then gained a lot of experience with composite materials since I am into turbine jets and have made several molds of our own designs with great success. Kram I see you have a flying version with DA-50's and read that you have improved on the flap system. Would like to know of course any info on the flaps and what gear your using. Any of your input to make this model a better more improved version, I would appreciate. I will still need to acquire a vacuum forming system to make the canopies but I have the molds for them. For all inclusive purposes all the molds are in pristine condition and raring to go. Will need to put some engineering into the the interior supporting of the spar tube, gear plates, etc. But nothing that we cant handle with experience and time. Was considering electric gear due to reliability and simplicity that I have had with my jets.