RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-24
Thread: Jeti DS-24
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 11:39 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marksp
Curious if you can invoke auto-trim multiple times, i.e. hold sticks for level flight, invoke auto-trim, lock trim settings (turn off auto trim), check trim, if additional trim required, hold sticks for level flight again, invoke auto-trim...

Is this how it's designed to work?

[waiting for DS-24, so no actual hands on experience].
Not quite.

If the auto trim is ON.. if you move the sticks at all, it will trim in that direction requiring you to relax the pressure.. BUT.. if you just tap it or bump it, it will act like a conventional trim.

Autotrim is very valuable for Maidens, where you are holding the stick some direction for straight and level.. just get the plane going straight, turn on auto trim and watch the model it will require less and less pressure on the stick.. turn it OFF before you turn... so you will have a series of passes where you turn it on and off.. when its close, then use the bump method.

After I maiden a plane, I turn it off and use the conventional trim because if you bump the auto trim just messing around with the transmitter, it WILL auto trim whether the model is on or not.. SO for instance if you show the TX to someone and they accidentally turn it on and move the stick one bump it moves the trim

That said, when I finish a maiden or tune flight, I commit the trims to memory so that they are all Zero, and you can recover from a mistake that way.

Some guys use auto trim a lot, just turn it on.. touch trim it, turn it off.. Its really slick

If you are on the main page, it will announce AUTO TRIM ON, over and over as a safety feature while you are using it..

Bottom line, be straight and level and make corrections, turn it off.. Or turn it on, hold pressure until the model returns to level and the pressure comes off, turn it off

It usually takes me a couple passes per flight mode.