RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 06:36 PM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jerry, an civil engineer turned me on to T-88 Structural Epoxy Adhesive a few years ago. I usually purchase it on Ebay when I need more. You can google it.. This stuff is some kind of strong. It is not a short term (15 min, 30 min, etc) glue. Takes a few hours to set up. I sanded the carbon rod and G-10 and made slight cuts/grooves into the rod where the g-10 would be mounted. The cuts/grooves are there to provide increased bite for the applied T-88 to the rod and the G10. More T-88 was especially placed between the two pieces of G-10 mounted on the rod. When I glued the smaller size rod into the elevator halves, I used an epoxy brush to generously apply the T-88 in the circular wooded piece that the rod slid into, and into the same size circular hole cut into the elevator halves for the whole thing to slid into . Again, I scarred the carbon rods to assure a good bite with the carbon, g-10, and the epoxy. I wanted to hide most of the controls for a better competition appeal. Really strong. Hope this helps. Chic

Last edited by redtail; 09-29-2017 at 06:41 PM.