RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 11:01 AM
redtail
My Feedback: (15)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Please - I am extremely happy to for once be giving some acquired knowledge to this build as Noah, Larry, Peter, and others have done for me over the YEARS. So understand you are not bugging me. Let me try to answer your questions: Outside diameter of Protruded Carbon hollow rod is 3/8". I purchased the hollow rod off Ebay. Ebay has become my local hobby store. Ha, Ha. The circular wood that the rod slides into has an outside diameter of 3/4" and about a 9/32 inside diameter (open the inside diameter enough for the carbon rod to have a snug fit). I believe the G10 is 1/16" or so. I made the mistake of letting the wife clean the shop and all my scrapes that were on the floor (and I knew exactly where they were located) are gone. So I have to order more G-10. Anyway, the pushrod was an arrow shaft (5.4/630) is written on the shaft (whatever that means) with threaded rod glued into both ends. I have the elevator servo under the turret so I can remove the turret whenever I have to get to that servo. I'm going to use Larry's suggestion of Velcro to hold the turret in place. I installed the constructed elevator horn by gluing the horn into the two elevator halves with the pushrod shaft already connected at the elevator control horn. The shaft at the servo end was taped into position close to the servo. I installed the servo threaded rod to connect to 4/40 swivel connectors after the elevator end was cured. The elevator control horn has the forward curve to allow movement of the elevator upward without having the curved g-10 visible in the scale opening where the elevator connector is visible. I made the elevator control horn to look like the full scale connection. Anytime, I could possibly help, just holler. Chic