RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unable to change e-mail or password error
Old 10-03-2017, 02:22 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unable to change e-mail or password error

I can not change my email address or password. I get the following error message each time I try in the Edit Your Details option under the User CP.

“The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!”

It sounds simple, your not entering the right password, but not so....

Here are the details of what I have done.
Entered User CP, selected "Edit Your Details" (password and email)

In the “Enter your present password to continue:” dialog box, I enter my current user password I used to log in and out, and verified that its correct by logging out and back in again. I’ve carefully made sure I entered it correctly in this dialog box, and tried several times. I have no problems logging in to RCUniverse.com using the same password, so I assume it is correct.

In the “New Email Address:” dialog box I enter my new e-mail address, and enter the same in the “Confirm New Email Address:” dialog box. I was very careful to verify the spelling, caps, etc. and they were in fact identical on every attempt I have tried.

When I click the “Save Changes” button, I get this error message.

“The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!”

I have done this several times, each time being very careful to make sure my current password is entered correctly, as well as the e-mail address are identical. I’ve even logged in and out repeatedly to verify the current password I am using is valid and works.

Strangely, my email address is correctly shown in the marketplace, but is using an ancient e-mail in the forums. The forum e-mail is the one I am trying to correct and can’t.

I don’t know what else to try. Please help as I can no longer receive any of my subscription or message notifications.

Thanks,
sfaust