RCU Forums - View Single Post - What transmitter for tanks
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by sturmgrenadier
I'm new to building r/c vehicles (so it's understandable if some of you more seasoned r/c enthusiasts roll your eyes at my story and ignorance, and beginner questions).
I know exactly how you feel. Even after five years I still feel like a total rookie sometimes.

If you just want to get your Tiger rolling and Imex is out of stock for TX/MFU packages I can sell you a gently used set for cheap, like 40 bucks plus 10 or 12 for shipping. That's a stock TX, the MFU/Main Control board, and a speaker if you need one. I've got a good rep for this sort of thing but feel free to ask around so you know I won't rip ya off.

Send me a PM if you're interested in the stock electronics, but if you want to go hobby grade I'll do all I can to advise you. If it's your first foray into hobby grade electronics I would recommend the IBU2 with a flysky i6. Pretty much completely plug and play so you won't have to undo any of the work you've done on wiring, and Ian can even hook you up with a radio and IBU2 that are all ready to go and programmed, but the downside on that is shipping costs for a TX from the UK. Just an IBU is decent, I think about 10 or 12 bucks for shipping, but the TX is considerably more to ship. I think Tanker 10 bought a package like that so maybe he'll chime in with his opinion. Anyway, the point is to get that bad-ass Tiger moving under its own power, so what can we do to help?