RCU Forums - View Single Post - What transmitter for tanks
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 12:50 PM
sollie

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertrat99
I currently have a few Tamiya tanks and will have some Taigen tanks with Clark or IBU electronics I am looking at a TK22 and TK60's from Clark and I might have a IBU3 system for just one tank.

As of right now for the Tamiya tanks that I have running they are both using 75Mhz transmitters and I have then configured to drive and turn with left stick and gun and turret is right stick. Right stick also fires the gun and machine gun. This setup is not the best thing for our use as when firing main gun you have to flip the stick up to the to and sometimes it does not fire but move the elevation up instead, and I have already gone through calibrations several times on the sticks.

As you can already tell I know a tiny bit about radios and that is why I still have not pulled the trigger on a model as of yet. I do have a opportunity to get a bunch of receivers, which I believe will be the Orange ones you can get from Hobby King. (not confirmed as of yet) That would save me some funds to put toward a better radio system.

I am going to need at least two radios one for myself and one for the wifi who also wants to play with the tanks. I am looking for something in what I would call a radio that is easy to use, program and if required troubleshoot issues. However i am not looking for the cheapest one as I will be keeping it for a while and want to make the right choice. I was looking at at least 6 channels as a minimum amount as it would allow for growth. Usually, I buy things by looking out long term and not what I would need right now.