RCU Forums - View Single Post - What transmitter for tanks
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhugill
How does opentx compare to ERSKY9X? Its taken a little while but I think I've got my head round it quite well now.
The last time I used ERSky9X or ER9X I wanted to trash the thing trying to work with apps from the early 90s lol. OpenTX now is super easy to work with now that the OpenTX Companion app is out. You have to change a single thing on your tx if you wish, the TX screen is on the app so you can make the changes there or on your tx, whichever is more comfortable. This is where I usually clone models so I can make adjustments without spending 10+ min to setup a model, it takes around 1-2 on the pc. OpenTX is much more mature and used by x100 times more people. Even the nightly builds are rock solid for me.
Originally Posted by tomhugill
Sadly in the UK the local hobby shops are few and those that are about don't tend to stock the frsky stuff, sadly that means I have to shop hobby king. Same with lipos, they either don't stock what I need or charge double hks prices.
Yea FRSky doesn't have a large markup so not many hobby shops like to carry them. This will be one of the purchases I'll officially approve on HK since you can't get some in your area If you have a local quadcopter/multirotor/plane group in your area I'll bet money someone has one you can see up close if you like to have one in your hands first. I'm actually considering the QX7 for a backup radio when I decide to upgrade to the Horus X10S radio. The only reason I don't use a QX7 myself and use the X9D+ is because I'm a hybrid pincher and my fingers can trigger one of the switches at full deflection.
Oh and did I mention you can get hall effect sensor gimbals for only $20 each for that tx?