RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Zero from Gator R/C
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:07 AM
jimkron

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeJM
I cut my own baffles with my CNC router, overheating is still a problem. I since modified the baffle around the top cylinder and opened up the cowl flaps. I am using a Keleo ring muffler but I didn't use the fitting, because I was advised that it was for smoke.
Hmmm. According to the Keleo website "The Saito FG 84-R3 and Saito FG 90R3 ring comes with special adapter nuts for mounting the ring to the engine and a pressure fitting for fuel tank pressure. Yes you can use fuel pressure off ring for gas applications."
Some people swear by it while others say it makes no difference. I'm still experimenting. I've had great success tuning on ground. Transition is very good. Idle stable. 5800 rpm...but two deadsticks.

I've opened up the cowl flaps and got rid of the mounting ring to increase airflow. Used 6 "L" brackets instead. At the suggestion of an "expert" I moved the baffles from middle of the cylinder heads to slightly aft. I'm also going to run the two bladed with a slightly rich mixture for when it leans out in the air. Will try out new system this weekend.

wish me luck,

jim