RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 10-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Mine will be here day after tomorrow so we'll see. My biggest disappointment is that I really wanted to use the TCB in my 1/6 Hetzer Paintball Beast, but Hobby king kept dragging their feet and I just couldn't hold out. You know it is with these projects, if we don't know when a particular part will be available we often go with something else. I used an IBU2 Pro in the Hetzer and it's worked out far better than I could have hoped, but I somehow keep thinking the TCB would have been a better fit. The TCB is made for this kind of thing, while the IBU was adapted from it's usual role in a 1/16 tank. But I do have to give hats off to IBU, it proved to be a very versatile and adaptable board. Maybe I'll be able to use a TCB in my next 1/6 tank and we can get some side by side comparisons. Hmmm, I do have the Sd.Kfz.250 I want to build next, so hey, Luke, how do you think the TCB will do in a halftrack? Will I be able to get both track and servo steering for the front wheels?