RCU Forums - View Single Post - Straight Talk on the PAW .60 TBR R/C Diesel
Old 10-25-2017, 06:08 AM
R/C Phile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whew! talk about resurrecting an old thread!

Hi guys, I think the tiny throttle bore on the Paw is a huge handicap. My next step was to fit a larger carb to but I have not gotten around to it in all these years. I still have the plane and engine an I recently decided to start flying my bigger planes again / go back to the club who knows? I might get inspired to try again.

Anyways: The carburetor's throttle bore is 5 mm which precisely matches the throttle bore on my Enya SS30BB.. It would seem there's a lot of room for improvement. Again, Paw has set it up for tremendous fuel economy and strong suction to alleviate the need for muffler pressure. They succeeded on the fuel economy front but not really on suction. It was a 10 minute deal to add a muffler pressure nipple and that significantly improved both throttle response and run consistency.

Mecoa (Model Engine Company Of America - MECOA HP RJL model airplane engine, engines for airplanes boats and cars) has a large selection of carbs at reasonable prices. That's where I would go to get a couple and try..

That's my 2 cents.