RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya USA on Facebook: 1/16 R/C M1A2 Abrams Full-Option IR RC Kit Announcement.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:13 PM
regsbyg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I posted this on another thread, but I wonder if the whole kit was done years ago. By this I mean that at one of the Japanese hobby shows they had an actual Abrams, a few years ago and no I do not have a link, but I am sure others here know what I mean. So put it on the shelf until it is ready or General dynamics gives the ok, as Krauss-Maffei did with Leo 2. The kicker for me was Type 10 which didn’t have the road wheels as a seperate tire. Why? Any way here is the Abrams, a lot of us want it and will buy it but as above post mentioned it should be the Cadillac of tanks. So to me it looks like a upscaled 1/35th kit, which is fine, but the give me the stowage and crew upscaled as well. On the petty side at least the Pershing had separate grab handles on the bins. Don’t get me wrong I will buy it but might wait for aftermarket to catch up before I build. Would like to closer picks of idler tension system.
dave