RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya USA on Facebook: 1/16 R/C M1A2 Abrams Full-Option IR RC Kit Announcement.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:29 PM
cleong

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

While we are sitting here complaining about lack of stowage or accessories, do remember that it is actually the Pershing, and to a lesser extent, the 105mm and Super Shermans that were anomalies when it came to extra accessories. None of the German tanks so much as came with an extra jerry can, or token bucket to hang off a rear tow hook. Same goes for the Leopard 2A6 - they didn't even bother with a cupola machine gun. And those are things you can get relatively cheaply off Heng Long/Taigen/Verlinden, etc. You can see some of the stowage on the Heng Long.

To strike off buying the Cadillac just because you didn't like the color of the leather stitch threads on the seats, is sort of missing the point, in my opinion. Give me a plain Jane tank with solid mechanicals any day, I will take my time adding stowage as I like, especially when aftermarket companies like DKLM or Axels start getting geared up to answer the demand for more detail.