RCU Forums - View Single Post - Forgot how much fun it is
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 11:07 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Like Warhwk said, you nailed for me sfaust.
I try to quit the hobby about three times but I found myself right back in it, so I quit quitting
I did very little flying in almost 5 years then I lost my job where I've been for 17 years, ok I said I got some money coming I will take a few months off, I deserve the time off, that was a year ago, I was off for 7 months, I used some of that time to recoup my flying skills and confidence in flying, I also build me 4 new airplanes, crashed one of the new ones and replaced it with the same which is the one I'm flying the heck out of it now ( GP Escapade 30cc with a DLE 35 on it ) also a wood kit Turbinator jet.
I re-discover how much fun is to fly rc, so much that on Friday I flew my Boomerang jet for the first time in 8 years, one flight, my heart was pumping hard and fast and I was breathing the same, 0ne 10 min flight with multiples go around, one touch and go and a final landing, a bit long, a bit fast but smooth and on the centerline
I was bouncing up and down, I've been waiting for this flight for years, now I can't wait to fly it again.

yes, this hobby has given me some of the best friends anyone can ask for.

Last edited by CARS II; 10-28-2017 at 11:13 PM.