RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet
Old 11-02-2017, 03:31 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People land differently and lots of runways have different requirements. Lately I've been using a shorter final in an effort to keep my planes within airfield boundaries a little better; plus it looks cool and mimics the way the F-15s are landing at PDX. This means I need to drop a lot of altitude in the base leg and turn to final. Crow helps a lot here as I'm able to point the nose down without gaining speed; it also helps to spoil lift during the flare and plants the plane on the runway. I have my crow set to automatically retract if I push my throttle beyond 75% for go arounds.

I don't know what my CG is as I've pushed it back recently; but she does fly well and requires virtually no elevator input for inverted flight. Last time I checked it was around 250mm.

My control throws are similar to what Lior posted some time ago except I've increased the down elevator and nixed all the expo.

If I do slow down too much in the flair it will drop the starboard wing, I don't know what that's about.