RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dumas/Pat Tritle
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 07:44 AM
born2build

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, that's what I call an airplane! I had to hold my laptop upside-down, though. I wonder what causes that. How long ago did you give it up? I am so sick to death of Cubs. I've never built one and I never will. Why own a Cub when you could own a Taylorcraft, or a Stinson, or a Monocoupe, anything but a Cub! Come to think of it, I still haven't built a Monocoupe 90-A. Any idea where I can get one? It's gotta be full span though.
I've never tried Coverlite, although I have used Aerolite. That stuff is a real pain in the bazooka. As soon as you pull the backing off, it sticks to everything! It sticks to itself, It sticks to your elbow...
That's a Gee Bee Model E, of course. I'm glad you like it. I have another one (kit) for more scale detail. I may do it as rubber scale this time. We'll see. Hey, wanna win a bet at the field? Tell the guys the first Gee Bee was a biplane, the Model A. Nobody believed me. Ha! Well, I have a Sig Rascal that ain't gonna finish covering itself. 'Till next time...