RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maj. Woody's Ultra Flash
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 04:06 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
Well I have good news and bad news.

The Bad: I lost my flash last week. Pilot error while flying at a field away from home base. I had 34 of the most awesome flights you can imagine without incident! This jet was the most reliable, incredible performing jet I have ever owned. Just fuel and fly, over and over.

The Good: My passion for jets and tenacity to get back in the air is strong. I wont let this setback squelch my enthusiasm.

The Better: My new Custom Color Flash is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! I ordered the Fly Navy with a yellow fuse and blue canopy frame to match the blue on the fuse. I have done a ton of pre work such as rebuilding the cockpit, painting the pilot, assembling all the new tanks, machining a new Pitot tube for the canopy wire, building the UAT and Hopper tank mounts, removed the aileron / flap servo boxes from the old wing and prepared it for the new wing.

I must have spent 30% or more of my time during the first build trying to figure things out. Now I have my own build thread as a guide so I expect to just drop the new equipment into the new plane and get back in the air fast. My goal is to fly at Octurbofest on October 6 and 7. Now instead of two Flash's I will have one Flash and I plan to put the other Cheetah and all the servos I bought into a scale jet.

I may post picture of my new Flash tomorrow but I mainly want to get building. I don't plan to do a Build thread but will post detailed pictures of the completed build when I am done

Down for awhile but not out!!
Yo Wooooodddd!!!

Glad to see you back on the scene!! Sad to learn of the loss of your Flash but glad to see you regroup so quickly. I'm prolly a lil late with this question but anyway, do you still have the fuse or maybe anyone else out there reading this post? I'm looking for a damaged one to rebuild. I lost mine due to fire.

btw.....is there a new Ho in your future? You and your Ho were a great match!! LOL