RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM Models.......
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Oldtimer,
I will agree with you that Century Jet retracts suck...and I ended up going with Sierra landing gear. I love Sierra landing gear, strong, well built and can take a beating. Sierra gear are more expensive then the junk C. J. sells you, and Darrell, at Sierra Giant Scale, will fix your damaged gear if you have a less then perfect landing.

I also agree that ESM kits take a bit of work to put together, but fly really nice. To me well worth the energy to put together. I also tossed out all the push rods and cables. The cables in the kit will fail...cheap junk, and I went with Sullivan and DuBro gear to replace what came in the kit.

I deal with VQ War Birds and Tomas...and I can't say enough good about this man and his customer service. The best in the business and a honest man to deal with. The F6F flew with a 35cc gas engine and came out to 20# with a repaint. It flew so well it surprised me...and the Skyraider I built was much more easy to put together. I also went with push rods to the elevator and rudder and dual servo's for the elevator. I toss out all the hardware in ESM kits...you do the same, its junk.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

Last edited by Bob Paris; 11-08-2017 at 11:25 AM.