RCU Forums - View Single Post - X-treme/Skymaster A-10 1/7.5 Build
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 04:37 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had one for almost 2 years and I think I'll finally be able to get started on it. I hope you're happier with yours than I am with mine. It looks like they actually got the colors right on yours, I have to repaint mine. Among the issues are, the gray is way to light, the dark green is way too dark and the olive green has a lot of brown in it (pic was taken on a cloudy day so the colors look closer than they are). In addition the tail markings are wrong and poorly painted, the tactical air command, 23rd fighter wing and 74th fighter squadron shields are missing, there is a hole in the top of one wing (wrapping was intact, someone knew the hole was there when it was packed), and the plane was not clear coated so during shipping the paint rubbed off all the raised rivets on the bottom and the white gel coat shows through. The kicker is apparently the air force has a new rank, according to the nose of my plane the DCC is not an SSGT, but an 88GT (zoom in, I'm not kidding). Also I hope they have started marking the centers of the dowels placed between the wing skins for the pylons to attach to, mine aren't marked at all.

One the good side, even though the plane tends to come out heavier than spec, they apparently handle the weight well (one EDF in Germany flying at 20kg). I've been told by several people that the A-10s don't feel quite the same as other planes until they're up in step, all the different angles and incidences don't work themselves out till there's some speed on the airframe.

There's also a good thread in the general discussion section of Flying Giants, it's for the EDF version, but other than power plant related stuff everything else still holds true
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151222_144920-2.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	4.18 MB
ID:	2244165  

Last edited by rcmigpilot; 11-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.