RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pattern Biplane
Thread: Pattern Biplane
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 04:37 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

New update and a new name........

The fuse and wheel pant plug is ready for primer which will happen tomorrow. I have the fuse in the living room on the stand I fabricated. I tried to convince my wife that I could leave it there and we would not need to buy a Christmas tree this year. I suppose it won't be too difficult to guess her reply.

Back to the name thing, I really want something that worked with the airplane and fit the philosophy behind the design. The airplane is a bit different from other F3A biplanes I have seen. I have seen either the top wing placed directly through the canopy or on front. I have not seen any other airplane that has the canopy halfway onto the wing. Not to mention the use of plug in wings at all. While surfing through Net Flix the other night looking for a movie to watch with the wife, it hit me square in the face. " Divergent ". It not only fits the different approach to the outline but also IMO is perfect for a biplane. Now the next decision.......do I mold the name into the side of the fuselage? I haven't seen it done before, wouldmit be worth doing?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3835.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2244549