RCU Forums - View Single Post - glow engines are fading away
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 11:44 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few companies still making engines were overlooked. There's the British Lasers. The Sanye plant in China for ASP, Magnum, and Evolution 2 strokes. Did we include Jett and Nelson? I forget. A couple years ago there were the Russian racing engines that were hand made and hard to come by.

I won't convert to electric for outdoor flying. I love glow too much for that and have never been interested in gas engines. I do have a lot of indoor electrics and they are a blast to fly. Before I moved I could hover my little coax helicopter thru the living room, dining room and into the kitchen and hover over my wife's head. She gave a Christmas gift of a larger quad copter with a very good camera that links to my iPhone, and she bought me a good indoor one with a camera. I do fly those outside trying to get up close on squirrels and critters, but it needs some mods to prevent the plastic body from loud vibrations. IMO, there's a place for electrics for flying at home but glow rules for going to the club's field.