RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Ride (Viehicle) Takes your RC Models to-from the RC Field?
Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Darkbird
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prior to 2 years ago it was a never ending stream of full size Chevy or GMC vans, whatever could be bought for $500-600. I would then drive them until something major let go in the engine, then scrap them and move on to the next one. But lately it's been hard or impossible to find vans like that anymore (at least in that price range), so I had to rethink everything. Since mine was always the tow vehicle whenever the need came up, and for other reasons that would require significant towing capacity, I ended up buying a used but mostly pristine 2003 GMC Sierra 3500. Nice big 4wd diesel dually. Now I can haul anything I want, the only downside is the truck itself is actually a crummy airplane hauler, although I can fit a couple smaller planes in the back seat easily enough. But a trailer is really the only way for most of it now, and my old enclosed trailer finally had to be demoted to storage shed last spring, the frame is shot at this point. So I've been pulling the 5th wheel toy hauler when I want to take a bunch of stuff at once until I can afford another enclosed trailer. I would upload a picture, but the file sizes I have are too large.