RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 11-26-2017, 06:00 AM
gmeyers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ETpilot
Thanks, I'm hanging in there but with the holidays it will be a tough period. If I can maintain 215 I'll be happy. To maintain that weight I'll have to go a couple pounds below it. Lol.

Here is a picture for the older pilots here.
A few years back I was diagnosed with cancer in my neck. There was no chance of surgery so I was treated with a potent dose of Chemo and then maxed out on radiation. After the treatments I had great difficulty swallowing and went from 230 down to about 160 pounds. Docs were concerned and nutritionist was too. They prescribed the supplements but I couldn't swallow them either especially anything with chocolate. I finally found that I could work down a Yahoo then eventually a salad but all this took more than 6 months before I could handle solid food. So the moral is - just don't eat. Start your weight loss attempts by cutting your food portions down to 25% of what you are accustomed to. I still cut my sandwiches in half and throw away half my fries. with the aid of a dietitian plan your caloric intake and stick to it.