RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 11-26-2017, 04:05 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Gmeyers, sorry to hear about the physical problem you have had. I wish you the best. I have a plan similar to what you describe. Eat less, watch what I eat and do more physical work. So far it has been working. Today I weighed in at 213. I should meet my goal of 210 by the end of the week. I just have to keep this routine up. Which is pretty hard as many can attest to. Then I'll set a new goal. My plan is to get to 195. Then fluctuate between 195 and 200. It is hard work getting there.

Donny I wish you good luck. I'm in East Texas for the duration. A friend and I have spoken about moving. We, like you, just don't see a good place to go. Whatever decision you make, study the tax picture and how it would affect you. I just can't see paying a state income tax. So that limits me to 5 states. I've already lived in Florida. So Texas is it for me. I'm in the country here. So I don't think commercial ventures will get to me in my lifetime.

Regarding full scale flying, I never planned to fly again. I needed a new physical and just didn't want to go the FAA route again. So I gave up flying. Then the issue of physicals by your local doctor came up. It looked promising but the recommended airplane requirements and type of flying excluded me. So I gave up on that idea.

Then a few months ago I was searching for something and, accidently, discovered that local doctor physicals had been approved. Additionally, that it now included higher performance airplanes. So I was in again. I've passed my BasicMed physical and the online course and exam. So all I need now is a flight review with an instructor and I'm back flying. This gives me a 4 year window. I'll fly my plane for a bit longer then sell it and be out for good.