RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can I use an RC engine for CL?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 12:25 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Of course the very easiest , method of using an ex RC engine (something that is becoming more and more common these days as the perceived disadvantages of doing so is for most almost imperceptible) is illustrated in the first photo, a simple rubber band and a few seconds later you are ready to go. Alternatively the second photo shows another simple extenstion on the throttle arm with a band around the fuselage to secure your settings.. This method makes starting easier and opens up a selectable performance control.

Of course like clscale-Fred above using a modern 2.4 system is almost effortless and opens up the sport of controlline unlike any other advance over the years.

Although I have a rather large hanger of RC craft I do keep active with a Magician, Skylark, Nobeler, Ringmaster Jr, Ringmaster S-2 and a old school Bearcat carrier plane. Of those six, all are absolutely equipped with throttled RC engines and of those three are operated with 2.4 systems. The Bearcat is a three line system and will stay that way (and excellent reminder to the superiority of the 2.4 systems. The Ringmaster S-2 being the newest to my controlline hanger for now the new Hirtenberger .25 RC is just fixed throttle I will soon be adding a 2.4 set up.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ringmaster S-2 throttle.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	2246462   Click image for larger version

Name:	RingMaster A (2) (Medium).JPG
Views:	556
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2246463  
The following users liked this post:
straitnickel (03-09-2022)