RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSA 1/4 Scale Fokker Dr 1
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 08:04 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

There is still a picture of my triplane in "my gallery". It is hard to believe it was 13 years ago. IIRC I mostly used Titebond. It is definitely the way to go on the laminated parts. At the time it was kind of a point of pride that much of the model was made of bass, spruce and plywood. Thin CA is terrific for balsa but not always so great for the denser woods. Medium to thick CA will also work better than thin for this purpose. Does yours have the thin strips of basswood that mimic the fuselage bracing wires? I think I did use CA for those. Although it is thin on illustrations the manual has a lot of info. It may have a call out for all of the hardware. It is also helpful to study all of the plan sheets as there is information to be found there as well.

Addendum, I read the posts on the other thread and Foodstick pretty much has the scoop on how it is done with the BUSA kits. I have the N17 and that is how I went with that model. Bear in mind that the VK triplane was designed over 40 (maybe nearly 50) years ago.

Last edited by mgnostic; 12-03-2017 at 08:15 AM.