RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with my front nose cowling shaping
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Super sound 23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my front nose cowling shaping

Hello

I am building an rc auto gyro for a entrily build it your self kit, a lot of the plastic styrene parts have to be cut out from parts pulled from a mold which leaves the kit for much improvement . Anyway I have spent a great deal of time figuring out best ways to cut the styrene parts sewing thread, works very well along with flat sanding, and toothpaste to polish the edges . How ever despite all my efforts in getting everything nice and precise, I have run into a problem which I am know seeking advice on. Front nose cowling inside panel, which I positioned and glued in place to look like a front canopy dashboard, as you can see in pic attached. Problem is that when you look down at it from the front view one side of the curve is slightly skewed as one side of the radius is slightly different from the other, as it curves around do to the way the parts were origanally made .The only solution I have come up with is to cut out a plastic bottle strip which I thought I could paint inside edge and glue on to make it look presentable camouflage the original line to make a straighter line curved edge when looking down at the model
Any help would be appreciated David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	2247008  

Last edited by Super sound 23; 12-06-2017 at 11:25 AM.