RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into RC. - Where to start?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Jonbass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest. I am kind of on the lower side of the budget, at least to start.. Partially because I’d like to get a car for each of us. Maybe a couple of styles. Down the road 1/8 is in the stars but they are generally more expensive. I think I am in the 2WD 1/10 category to start.
Spent a chunk of the evening looking at stuff. Here are some that caught my attention. Mostly brands carried b Great Hobbies and Hobby Wholesale. 2 Canadian online retailers.

Traxxas Stampede - it has a lot of clearance, water resistance, and a 50% training speed which would be good for my son to start.
Arrma Granite Mega Monster Truck- inexpensive, they have a 4x4 version for a bit more. I don’t know much about the Arrma brand.
Arrma Senton 4x4 Short Course Trck - This one caught my eye for myself. I like the looks of the short course trucks... not sure about practicality.
Electrix Torment SCT. - This is another that caught my eye. Does having the mother out the back expose it too much for snow and water? The SCTs all seem to go that way.
Electrix Circuit stadium truck - It seems like you see a lot of videos of people jumping the stadium trucks.
Traxxas Slash - read a lot of positive things regarding durability. Seems like there are a ton of aftermarket parts for upgrading.
Electrix Amp or Ruckus- more inexpensive monster trucks

Let me know if you have any thought or knowledge on any of these.