RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Cessna 310 posted
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 08:58 AM
orion4455

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haven't seen much on the 310 in a while. I'm sort of conservative in modifying a 310. heres why: 1. the Topflite 310 LOOKS GREAT. however, once you examine it, inside and out, you realize the thickness of the fuselage is about the same as your thumbnail thickness. this becomes a problem, I feel, when you start modifying the nacelles, etc. 2. I just sort of feel its a plane not designed for speed. the testing on it states 72 cruise, and 90 mph top speed. why buy a 310 when you can get a zak or another type plane that is fast, or you move up to a jet, or something else. I'm not sure a 310 is build for great speed, and once you invest a lot of work, money, and time, its a shame to see it in a pile on the ground if you have a problem. 3. one way to bypass the failure of one engine is to get the McDaniel glow system in case there is a problem. 4. I like the plane as it is. stock. now, of course, TinkermanRC did a great job with his modifications. just keep in mind, he is well connected to the plane manufacturers and has a pile of money in planes. he knows what he is doing.5. when you foam the wings, cut nacelles, put in bigger motors, add additional exhausts, etc., now you have to ask is it worth the money and time. AS FOR TOPFLITE re-introducing the 310, id like to see it for parts, and a new kit. I found a place in Slovakia that has a lot of stuff, but they don't/wont sell outside the European Union. good luck on the work. best regards. hope you have great success. keep the info posted. love to see new things about the 310.