RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anybody Else Thinks RCGroups.com Sucks?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 12:46 PM
lordraptor1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
HA ha ha.....yep, that's why I like it here. Trolls are few, the people helpful, and most have a good sense of humor. Ah, if only the rest of the (real) world got along as well.....

I do spend most of my forum time here, but Ultimate RC is also a good place. Gotten a lot of good info and help there, too.

I hear the Traxxas forum doesn't take any Traxxas-bashing.....they'll kick you off.
traxxas forum doesnt really like talk about anything non traxxas, nor does it like any negative comments aout traxxas products ( even if the negative comment is 100% true). i got badmouthed on traxxas forums when i went there looking for help because i had 3 velineon systems in a row had a phase fail on them ( no more traxxas products for me and currently trying to sell the last traxxas product i have do have which i bought new from LHS with no tx or rx and has sat on the shelf since the day i bought it LOL).

another joke of a frum is hpi baja forums. long tory short i got a new baja that had a lot of failures (note all failures were BEFORE HTE ENGINE WAS EVEN BROKEN IN). it was so bad that HPI cut me off from support claiming it was all me ( i would buy that if it was the same parts but every out it was a different part), so once i was cut off i started replacing stock parts with aftermarket and guess what $1200 in aftermarket parts later no more failures ( although im still afraid to run it out of fear another stock part failing and no aftermarket part being available for teh broken part).

anyway, after constantly asking for help then complaining i finally got so tired of it i started calling my hpi baja what it is (or was at the time) which is/was a turd, and yep the trolls came out bashing me saying the kit was great, high quality blah blah blah and again i got tired of it and asked a the following simple question: "how many of you touting great and high quality are still running your baja kit stock out of the box" guess what, no big surprise no one answered just kept bashing me where i stopped responding to posts and then i go to get on the forum one day to find i had been perma banned. another point is hpi baja forums do NOT allow talk of rova or king motor bajas it is hpi baja only. i have a fringd that has a king motor baja and he is still running the snot out f his bone stock as it came out of the box while mine required $1200 in replacement parts with little use really wish i had gotten a rovan or king motor instead of wanting to buy "genuine" hpi ( side note the bajas are not made in usa and a little birdy recently told me that the HPI is made in the same plant with the rovan and king motor bajas) all i can say is good riddens the owner of the forum i believe is in with hpi somehow and he owns a company that sells products for the hpi baja ( ramtech which i will NEVER buy any of his ramtech junk based on his idea of quality as indicated by his personal comments to me on that forum). also it is important to note baja lights he sells under the ramtech brand look chinese quality compared to the quality of killer rc ( which i recommend killer rc products they are awesome)

but as others have stated all forums are different some better in areas then others, and some forums are so pro (x) product that unless you are just as pro ( x) product as they are then you could be in for a very hostile enviroment.

one last thign to note do not take ANY information at face value on ANY forum check and doublecheck it, no offense to forum members but there are a lot of information that can be deemed as opinion. especially in regards to brushless systems where you have a lot of different opinions on temp. car action and castle (180F), some people 130 - 150F, others 160f, some claim magnets fail at 150-160, and then there is also lack of info example tryign to find gearing for older discontinued models, temp range of product from manufacture, etc.

absorb info then do an average of the info. at least you can get an average ballpark with this method LOL.