RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Mods/renforcement needs to be done on Hangar 9 Corsair ARF for it to fly safe?
Old 12-13-2017, 06:50 PM
tim allen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hangar 9 corsair

Well i had this plane as well and mine was e power , a tacon 110 on 8s . 7th flight i took off , climbed out flew the back stretch and began to bank for the turn down the runway all at 5/8 throttle when CRACK the left wing decided to try a solo flight in a brand new direction while i got a VERY sudden butt cramp ! Now this plan WAS fast , and i must say held up rather well to the first tree it went through , did not do as good on the second tree (it lost the other wing on a branch as well as the rudder) tree # three plane lost back half of fusalage and SOMEWHERE along the way the pilot threw his mask off and tried to bail but got his head imprinted on the canopy for his troubles (his head was stuck between the canopy and the control panel when i finally got the plane out of the back side of tree # 3 at 50 ft off the ground) . Amazingly all the electronics were fine - 2 servos. 😀 . Now this plane was never crashed but it was a little spooky power wise , complete unlimited vertical and it turned a 17×12 prop at 8000 rpm on the ground ! 😈
Sooooooo , i bought a used hangar 9 corsair from a fellow club member and i learned myself a very good lesson; never over power a hangar 9 corsair !
What are my plans for this bird ? They are as follows : a tacon 160 , a biela 20×14 three blade scale prop on 8s , (maybe 10s depending on amps) scale tail surfaces , lights , and LOTS of strengthening mod ! Oh and a video of the maiden 😉 . Scream at ya later fellas !