RCU Forums - View Single Post - Co-Pilot. EVERYTHING you need to know.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 01:38 AM
captain1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Co-Pilot. EVERYTHING you need to know.

ORIGINAL: nazwan78

1) What is CCPM?
CCPM is when the collective and the cyclic are mixed by the electonics. Typically you have three servos directly conected to the swashplate. When you apply more colllective they all move up together. When you apply cyclic the move independatly so that the swashplate tilts.

The raptor does not have CCPM unless you do some serious modifications to it so you can use the CP.

2) If I use CP, can I fly inverted or learning others 3D manuever?
Yes apparently it does work inverted (have not tried myself though)

3) Is it ok if i put CP on stabilizer fin?
Yeah it should work but the horizontal stabilizer is quiet a long way back so you would need a longer sensor cable. Also I suspect it would work better the closer it is to the pivoting axis.

4) In my place, its hard to find a field that really-really clear from trees and houses. There are some grass field but have several tress. My question is, if there have a tree or building, what is the minimum range (or radius) of that tree from my heli during calibrating or flying.
During the week I fly in a field that is a football field in a valley. The trees start at the edges of this field so it is pretty tight. I have found that when I get to about 15meters from teh trees the co-pilot will bank slightly away from them. There is also a clubhouse that it really does not like. Then again I fly with the co-pilot off all teh time (switch it on when I am disorientated). Also I have set the sensitivity right down. On my first flight at that field when I switched it on the co-pilot wanted it bank away from that clubhouse (I was about 20 m from it) real hard. So much so that I had almost full cyclic just to keep it level.