RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 07:16 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Sounds like a YS setup to me.
YS is using crank case pressure as a 2 X cylinder volume forced induction system. If some sort of check valves are employed, the crankcase becomes an air compressor. YS is employing some sort of in/out valves in the induction circuit. This is employing check valves in the crankcase venting. Both utilize the up and down motion of the piston that is reducing/increasing crankcase volume as the crank revolves.

The YS system is similar to how a 2-stroke breathes but you get 2 X the reciprocating action (4-stroke Vs 2) to double the volume of air pulled into the crankcase and then forced into the combustion chamber. I have toyed with the same type of set-up on a Saito. A revolving disc valve driven by the back end of the crankshaft and inlet outlet ports in the back plate would accomplish that. If I ever get a lathe in my shop, (something on my wish list) I could do something like that. Right now, all of my "machine work" that cant be accomplished with a mill file, Dremel tool or drill press must be farmed out and paid for with $$$ which are in short supply these days.

This is just using positive crank case pressure via check valves to force oil to specific parts of the engine and/or use (metered) positive pressure to pump fuel.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 12-14-2017 at 07:19 AM.