RCU Forums - View Single Post - Amadeus
Thread: Amadeus
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 05:35 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I am also interested in the gasoline option. I'm sure you've read MTK's thread here about his efforts primarily with the OS 33GT. He seemed to really like the engine until they started having mechanical failures. The DLE 35 RA being rear exhaust will make the exhaust system easier, eliminating the need for the wrap around header. I did see that one (a DLE 35 RA) was run at the World Championships this year. Back in the early days of the TOC, competitors were using gas engines converted to methanol use which produced more power. Is this still a feasible alternative? Spending $100 or $150 to modify a $350 DLE 35 RA is still much less expensive than a YS 200 and straight methanol/oil fuel is also pretty reasonable from a cost perspective, though for me, cost is not really the motivating factor. I just want a simple, powerful 2-stroke engine. Lastly, what about the OS gas glow plug. I know they use it in their smaller gasoline engines, but I haven't heard of any 'research' into using it in larger engines (saves the weight of the ignition module and battery).
Thoughts?

The Amadeus is looking great, by the way, and sorry to 'steal' the thread.