RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kavalier
Thread: Sig Kavalier
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 07:35 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjohnston
Hi Rubbernecker, I just looked at the cowl and I am not sure what it is made of. It is a little different in that hole for the front of engine is already cut for you. In the instruction they show some drilling a series of holes and connect the holes to complete the hole. You still have to figure out where the engine head goes through the cowl.
The Kavalier is designed so that the head of the engine comes through the cowl on the upper right side (about 45 degrees) so the muffler sits at the lower right side of the fuselage. You'll find that the instructions clearly show the engine set-up on the firewall when you get to that point.

IMHO, your OS.35AX is definitely powerful enough to fly her rather well - not as a howler, but as a fun-to-fly and decently aerobatic plane. 10X6 should be the perfect prop for her too.

BTW, the Kavalier is still actively kitted by SIG, and spare parts are available, should you mess something up in building (hopefully, not needed though).

One small item to think about: the Kav's not designed for dual aileron servos but I've found that many 4-ch birds benefit from a dual set-up - - my own CG Sr Falcon, CG Eagle-II, SIG Stratus and SIG Kadet Mk-II among them. In addition to the "insurance" value of a dual set-up, they always seem to have a lot better/stronger response to control input.

If it helps, (and I know that this is a long way off, in the future) I'm including the "official" set-up and throws for the design, as an attachment - came from my website.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SIGRC39-SP.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2248153  

Last edited by skylark-flier; 12-19-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: spelling