RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Kavalier
Thread: Sig Kavalier
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 08:34 PM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
The Kavalier is designed so that the head of the engine comes through the cowl on the upper right side (about 45 degrees) so the muffler sits at the lower right side of the fuselage. You'll find that the instructions clearly show the engine set-up on the firewall when you get to that point.

IMHO, your OS.35AX is definitely powerful enough to fly her rather well - not as a howler, but as a fun-to-fly and decently aerobatic plane. 10X6 should be the perfect prop for her too.

BTW, the Kavalier is still actively kitted by SIG, and spare parts are available, should you mess something up in building (hopefully, not needed though).

One small item to think about: the Kav's not designed for dual aileron servos but I've found that many 4-ch birds benefit from a dual set-up - - my own CG Sr Falcon, CG Eagle-II, SIG Stratus and SIG Kadet Mk-II among them. In addition to the "insurance" value of a dual set-up, they always seem to have a lot better/stronger response to control input.

If it helps, (and I know that this is a long way off, in the future) I'm including the "official" set-up and throws for the design, as an attachment - came from my website.
Hi Dave, I havent thought of using dual aileron servos for this build. I fired up my 35 ax a few months back and it was a real screamer on a 10x6 prop! I got my Kav from sig back in the summer. I am so glad that they are still in business after all these years I had talk to you on here about the commander a few months back.and asked you about the Kav then.You helped me make up my mind on this kit It reminds me a lot of my old Kadet that I got back in 1978 for 25 bucks. I hope to have this up and flying by the end of January! I will be posting a lot of pictures here over coming weeks!
take care
Michael