RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2008 the year of the Turbinator
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

How did you know I have been working on it again? I have been working on the fuse details here and there, I have given the fuse the final sanding preparing it for the Monokote, I went with a 6/32 screw and blind nut to hold the hatch/canopy in place ( epoxy takes a long time to dry in cold WX ) I now have to finish the details on the hatch and I will be done with the fuse, next will be to complete the horizontal stabs, elevators and rudder.

I think once that is done the I can start thinking about the install, I will start with the retracts then move on the servos on the control surfaces, turbine and final the fuel system.

Im borrowing a P60 from a friend, I know it only generates 13 lbs of trust but Im estimating 18 lbs for final dry weight on the Turbo, ready to fly with 100 oz of fuel at 5 lbs should be around 23 lbs ( I can only hope : ) ) It will not be a speed demon but it should fly comfortable like my Boomereng XL which is 32 dry, 42 ready to fly with a gallon of fuel and up to 50 oz or less of smoke if wanted, been pushed by TJT 3000 ( 27 lbs of trust ).

Last edited by CARS II; 12-21-2017 at 08:59 PM.