RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 09:40 AM
F86_SABRE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somewhere in my house I still have the plans as well, however, I prefered the FAW2 version. Probably it should not be much of a problem to convert it to the later version. I later bought two Airworld L-39 kits and sidelined the Sea Vixen project. Kerry also sent me the photos shown on the Ziroli website as probably my plan and part set were one of the earliest. To tell you the truth I do not know if the plans had been revised or not. I also wished that the plane was larger (for two smaller 100 size turbines) given that now there are quite powerful turbines around. At that time the retracts were still in early manufacturing and I remember Kerry had a bit of a problem to supply the nose leg as he was waiting for the manufacturer to finish it off. By the likes of it, it is likely that the nose gear was made by Sierra as it is very similar except of the piece of front metal which houses the servo. Since the project stalled I did not bother getting the mains. The Sierra retracts look to be very scale and in their usual manner.....also sturdy.
Please excuse us for this interraption. We let the thread keep going, however, I also have an Avenger plans and partsincluding Darrel's retracts for it.....beautiful plane! If I am still around I would love to start making it in the near future but I have many projects to undertake before making it....unfortunately there is very limited time!

Reuben

Last edited by F86_SABRE; 12-26-2017 at 09:56 AM.