RCU Forums - View Single Post - further bluring the line
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 07:10 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Tipover
Yep, I'm pretty sure they are acting as an agency to sell insurance. Very likely getting a cut, otherwise why bother, out of the kindness of their hearts? Why would anyone try to hide that simple truth?
I'll bet they think that by making this step by step transition from hobby entity to commercial , nibble by nibble bite by bite , that eventually when they go full on commercial there won't be enough of us hobbyists around to fight it .

As per my recent poll thread , if the hobby can no longer support the AMA then the AMA should perish rather than be allowed to convert itself into something not even remotely resembling a hobbyist organization . I just can't see how making a profit from the sale of a commercial insurance product fits in with the whole 501c deal ? I'm sure other brokerages selling commercial insurance will have something to say to the feds when they find out there is illegal competition from a supposedly hobby entity that is now encroaching on their territory , since we have tax exempt status and are selling a commercial product alongside all the other commercial insurers of course we have an unfair advantage in our reduced cost of business that I highly doubt the big name insurers are gonna sit idly by for ......