RCU Forums - View Single Post - further bluring the line
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 06:54 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Food for thought.

So if your a clueless lawmaker ( or one of their interns ) on one of these committees and just happen to look at into AMA propaganda for reference and see "commercial this and commercial that" they just might think " I thought they were a hobbyist group" what the heck?

Mike
THAT is exactly where I believe the danger is. I could care less whether my non-profit partners up with a business to promote their products for a portion of profits as long as a few simple criteria are met; a) it is legal income per their IRS filing status, b) they do not "force" me to buy said product, OR use aggressive marketing tactics for said product to its membership, c) said product has a stellar reputation and is generally well-received by a majority of the "average" citizen and at least somewhat aligns with said organizations' vision and mission.

With all this hobby has at stake right now and the challenges we are facing, for the AMA to promote, "Flying for business. We got you covered", is paramount to the American Medical Association advertising the sale of discount cigarettes.

Regards,

Astro