RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scratch build McDonnell XP-67
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:20 AM
mgnostic

Received 86 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Mms_citrus
Yes, in the park size for starters. When this is done I have to decide whether or not to start the 100+ ws model, or start another park size, under 50”. The next model aircraft will be the heinkel he-112 v5 version most likely. All the pre b models are pretty similar. I suppose when this is done I’ll do a poll to see what would be more interesting. What you all think? I’ve been out of the hobby for a while. Do people want big expensive planes or smaller cheaper ones?, not that money and selling these was really the primary factor, but if i can help fund the next build then I guess that’s good too.
My personal preference is for airplanes that I can toss into the back of my truck for a trip to the field but it seems like big is the way to go with warbirds. With something like the 112 that has a lot of structure and character, people like to be able to show off the scale detailing.The down side is that it a pretty big investment for a relatively obscure fighter. At the smaller end of the scale you are competing with the bind and fly foamies and the obscurity may be a plus for people who want something different. The gull wing is a little bit of a complication but surely no more difficult than a Corsair. I don't pretend to be a representative modeler, these are just my thoughts. your mileage may vary.